We’re looking for an in-house H5/JS expert who will not only produce fun, beautiful 1st party games and experiences, but also help our portfolio of 3rd party studios improve their game quality and production speed.
Oooh is looking for a HTML 5 Game Developer to join our team! Working remotely OR from either our Los Angeles or Kelowna, British Columbia Canada offices, you’ll be the first dedicated internal developer working on a large portfolio of very unique game and interactive entertainment applications. This role won’t only be responsible for Oooh’s internal projects, but will also be supporting a large number of external development teams all over the world by providing scalable and modular code that can be used across projects.
Ideally you’ve developed a number of HTML 5 games and/or web applications from the ground up, and are an expert on web technology standards, trends and tooling. Without this specific past experience and without a passion for games, you probably won’t be successful in this first role, but there will be plenty of opportunities for other positions shortly. So stay tuned!
- Lead programming of new HTML 5 games and web applications that meet Oooh’s standards of quality
- Modify existing applications with new features or bug fixes while defining best in class code style and architecture
- Stay current on evolving web technology standards and trends, and actively employ best practices to the codebase
- Write adaptable code that can work on all supported platforms, devices, screen resolutions, and screen orientations
- Work with producers to estimate development timelines and plan milestones
- Work with designers and artists to implement and iterate on UI/UX
- Work in rapid iteration, producing quick and polished playable builds
- 3+ years of professional experience working in HTML 5 development
- Possess a keen eye for visuals and know how to execute animations / UI (game) feel
- Experience building reusable components and front-end libraries to speed development and maintain consistency
- Experience with WebGL and Web Audio a plus
- HTML5 game engines and 2D / 3D canvas libraries such as PlayCanvas, Construct, CreateJS, Three.js, PixiJS, Phaser, or Facebook Instant Games SDK a plus
- Experience with AR/XR real-time rendering platforms such as ARCore, ARKit, Lens Studio or Spark AR a plus
- Game design, and general nerdiness about game mechanics a massive plus
- Locked-in dependence on a single technology stack a minus
Product is in Closed Beta - happy to demo if we feel like there may be a fit.
Email directly to apply. Please include links to completed H5 game projects.