Position: Senior Game Designer
Contract/For Hire: Full-time
NUKKLEAR is an independent game development studio based in Hannover with team members working remote from all around the world. We are looking for our next full-time Game Designer to join the team and work on an unannounced AAA title.
As a Game Designer at NUKKLEAR, your day-to-day tasks involve preparing and presenting high- to low-level design goals from and to the director’s board, designing features and taking them through the full development cycle from high-level design to shippable quality as well as maintaining and balancing them.
• Efficient communication of high- to low-level design goals
• Understanding of high-level design request and being able to translate them into low-level design documents
• Taking full ownership and responsibility for features and to keep an eye on dependencies as well as ensuring that deadlines are met
• Making sure that communication and cooperation, as well as the implementation process, runs smoothly
• Collaborate with programmers and artists to make sure that the features are designed and implemented in the best possible way
• Balance parameters in the engine and with the help of spreadsheets
• Being able to react to ad-hoc design questions and tasks
• Good understanding of game design fundamentals: game systems, balancing, flow, pacing, motivation, player guidance, etc.
• Good sense of what makes a game fun
• Experience in game development processes
• Great collaboration and problem-solving skills
• Self-reliance, self-motivation, good communication skills, and team-player attitude
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
• Experience working in the game industry
• Work experience as a Game Designer in an AAA environment
• Extensive knowledge of UE4 or work experience with another AAA game engine
• Understanding how to apply scripting languages, preferably UE4 Blueprint System, or experience with scripting/programming
• Experience in designing features related to vehicle combat
• Extensive knowledge in open-world, survival, crafting and MMORPGs
International applications are welcome, but a working permit for Germany is a huge plus.
Please send your complete application documents including work samples, your portfolio, CV, your earliest start date and your salary expectation.