Senior SDK Engineer (L5) - Cloud Games
- Remote, United States
- Netflix Games Studio
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 230 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. In addition to great shows and movies, our membership also includes exclusive access to a growing portfolio of high-quality games. On the Games SDK team, we are passionate about bringing a new kind of ✨joy✨ to hundreds of millions of Netflix members around the world, whether they’re traveling to a remote location or at home with family. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us evolve the way people play games online.
As a member of the Games SDK team, you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing the tools that enable game developers to integrate with the Netflix Games Platform in their streaming games. In the process, you will help create an immersive environment for Netflix members to discover and play games along with watching our content.
People who excel on our team are self-motivated engineers who are passionate about business and technology innovation. We believe a big part of our ability to drive global growth comes from fostering inclusion and building diversity within our team. Our team is made up of engineers who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines, and we believe the plurality of experience, opinions, and skills within our team is what makes us succeed in our mission.
What sets you apart?
- You are comfortable with some degree of uncertainty and ambiguity. This new game platform is evolving quickly as we learn what drives member joy in the gaming space.
- You exude developer empathy. You have great intuition for making a clean, easy-to-use API for game developers to integrate Netflix services.
- You thrive on cross-functional collaboration. You have excellent communication skills and can translate objectives and concerns between different teams, creating greater alignment between all the stakeholders on a project.
- You are self-motivated. You proactively look for solutions to bridge the needs of the business with technology.
- You have strong analytical skills. You are adept at analyzing data to gain insights that drive improvements in app quality.
What skills are important to us?
- We value aptitude over experience, but here are some key skills that will make you successful on this team:
- Experience building cross-platform libraries using C/C++ on Windows, macOS & Linux
- Experience with game engines such as Unity and Unreal, native plugins, and bindings
- Experience developing third-party SDKs
- Experience building and extending secure, scalable client-server communications (GraphQL knowledge a plus)
- Experience writing automated tests and using them to power short feedback cycles in a continuous integration environment.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000- $700,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.