- 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday
- £10 per hour
- UK Government Kickstart Scheme
- 25 hours per week
- Remote working, office available in Sudbury, Suffolk and occasional trips to London
- MLC is a creative studio building indie games with our clients
- Start as early as November
- We're launching a YouTube Channel 🚀
This role is a homeworking remote job with occasional travel to London and possibly Sudbury, Suffolk.
We're on the hunt for a passionate and energetic individual to join our marketing team. The perfect candidate will be eager to learn and work well within a tight-knit team of like-minded young creatives. The candidate will be performing tasks like SEO, social media, research, email marketing, content curation and engaging with our community on social media, including Discord/YouTube. Our Marketing Executive will be working closely with the candidate.
This role will allow the candidate to develop skills in business growth, writing, strategy and analysis. They will be working amongst motivated and experienced long-term MLC team members, whilst also using their own intuition. A positive company culture is at the heart of our team and we're excited to bring someone on board to join us and help grow MLC through marketing!
What we are looking for:
- Avid gamer or interest in the games industry
- Knowledge and some understanding of marketing
- Ability to set targets and monitor your progress
- A fantastic understanding of social media
- Open-minded with a drive to always improve your skills
- Great written English skills
- Fantastic communication, time-management and organisation
- Great initiative and passion to do the best you can in order to grow
- Interest in helping to build and grow communities and a Youtube channel
- Worked in marketing for games and / or social media agencies / or tech startups
- Worked within teams on games before or in a tech startup
- Knowledge and experience with Trello, Discord and/or YouTube
- Previous experience within a marketing role
Our Support for You
We want to commit to improving the candidate's (young person) employability.
We receive 5 or more applications per week from freelancers who want to join our creative network. We will use this opportunity to ask the candidate to review and make comments on CVs and portfolios from time to time. We will identify strengths and weaknesses with them and make notes to carry forward to their own CV in the future.
There are also opportunities for the candidate to attend interviews that we conduct for training purposes and understanding types of interview questions and the best answers to them. This will help them to understand common interview courtesy as well as identify common pitfalls.We will offer direct training with the use of software they will be required to use on a day-to-day basis to conduct marketing for MLC. This includes:
- Excel/Google Sheets
- Mailchimp/Email Marketing Software
- Wordpress/Website Management
- Yoast SEO
We will also provide a Yoast SEO course where they will learn the basics of Yoast SEO from the highest-rated SEO plugin on Wordpress (yoast.com).
We will provide training from Google Digital Garage and Open University on their course, "Fundamentals of digital marketing".
Other training may be available including uDemy and LinkedIn courses in the following:
- Blog writing
- Effective email marketing
- Social media management