This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
Mercer Project is looking for a Gameplay programmer with experience in C++ and Blueprints. As a programmer, you will have a strong ability to efficiently develop gameplay features and functionality for a Virtual Reality experience within Unreal Engine 4. You will work closely with the creative teams to build the custom tools required to achieve the desired outcome. You will be expected to test your written features to ensure stability of the game, evaluate existing code and suggest ways to improve it, and fix bugs as they appear.
On this project, we are currently a small team working on a VR experience targeted for the Oculus Quest 2 platform. Our current goal is to create a virtual space for artists to create anything imaginable with powerful, next-level creation tools at runtime within Unreal Engine. That's where you come in!
Requirements for this position:
- 1+ years of professional experience with high-performance video game or VR applications developed in UE4
- Extensive knowledge of general gameplay programming in C++ and UE4 Blueprints
- Deep understanding of memory management, runtime optimization for mobile/VR, and Shader programming
- General knowledge of Game engine based coding (C++ for UE4)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
Bonus secondary skills:
- Experience with Tools programming
- Exceptional skill with data structures, logic, linear algebra, 3D math
- Good understanding of 3D sculpting tools and how they work (Zbrush, Maya, 3dsMax, Blender, Mudbox, etc)
- General understanding of texturing tools and how they work (Substance Painter, Photoshop, UE4 Vertex Painting)
- Experience with Oculus Quest and Oculus platform