Experienced Unreal Developer (m/f/*) - Full-time
Remote/On-site in Cologne Area
We’re looking for an experienced Unreal Developer
to work on our upcoming game projects.
👽 Your profile
You’re a hands-on developer / programmer. Your approach to problem-solving is to look for the long term solutions and a systematic approach. To achieve this, you don’t shy away from discussions with other coders, being able to both give and receive constructive feedback in the process. You’re experienced with and want to develop in the Unreal Engine – and you know why.
- Proficient in C++ and development for Unreal Engine
- Launched at least one commercial game
- Well-versed in best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Experience with programming in a team
- Skilled communicator in both verbal and written exchanges
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Ability to take on the lead development role in a small team
- Experience in tools design
- Experience with developing for consoles
- Experience with porting
- Experience in other areas related to game development, such as game / level design, modelling, rigging, animation, etc
👩🚀 What you would be doing
Your job is to be our guide as we delve deeper and deeper into development in Unreal. You’ll be involved in the production of our projects from start to finish. You’ll work with the lead engineers and designers to establish our pipelines and workflows for development in Unreal. In your day to day, you’ll work directly in-engine, programming systems and gameplay as needed and converting blueprints into efficient C++. You can also develop tools for the designers and artists to better implement their designs and assets. You’ll participate in regular code review meetings to establish the ground rules for our development together with the other engineers.
🚀 Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited work contract
- Salary range: 32.000 – 42.000 € annually (depending on experience)
30 days of paid vacation per year
- Money and time budget for training and education
- Once a year: One-week game jam during office hours
- We are proud to have a works council already established
Flexible work hours (parent friendly)
- No crunch
- We work in a beautiful, industrial style office with lots of air
- You will get a public transport ticket for the Cologne Area
- We offer a lot of flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- We do regular paid-for team events
- We have a nice and cozy team breakfast every Monday
Discounts for gyms and bike sponsorships can be arranged
- Our office manager will help you with the challenges of relocating
- We offer financial help for relocation
- Core hours are around 10am – 4pm CET, but we are flexible on that
- We offer financial help to establish a suitable working space for you at home
- Sponsorships for gym or entertainment subscriptions can be arranged
🤖 Why we do what we do
When we founded Massive Miniteam all we wanted was a nice and stable work environment. For us that meant being happy and healthy while working on exciting projects. Today we are fortunate to share this vision with our ever growing team. We value good communication, inclusivity and professionality. We want to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and respected so that they have space and time to grow. To work with us means to join a kind and generally lighthearted environment and always be confronted with new and exciting tasks to tackle.
👾 What we do
Very early on we realized that being financially stable as a young game studio meant that we needed a steady income without relying on successful game releases. Putting our tech industry experience to use, we started working for clients in the field of automotive, e-learning, VR and AR. This strategy gave us the opportunity to grow and develop Spitlings our first own game. Spitlings was released in 2020 and is available on all major gaming platforms. Our experience developing for consoles gives us the opportunity to work with a lot of interesting companies and to help them port their games to many different platforms. Today we mainly work on game projects with a small part of the team doing contract work and porting. We have a few exciting game projects we are currently working on and a lot more coming in the future. We would love to share more with you in an interview.
📡 Write Us!
If you think you’d be a good fit for us, we’d be happy to take a look at your application! Please include:
- [Full name] - [Job you are applying for] in the subject of your email
- Brief cover letter, including earliest start date and desired salary
- Link to portfolio