This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
About the business:
LAI Games is an arcade experience company that connects people with games. An exciting new component of our arcade experience ecosystem is Arcade Legend - a Virtual Reality game launching on Steam and the official Quest store. Combined with a range of physical arcade games, VR experiences, and other exciting arcade-based titles in development, our team members have the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of unique and innovative projects that engage and delight players across physical and virtual worlds.
About the role:
Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. Our Game Programmers enjoy all elements of development, leveraging their experience, skills, and passion to drive the production of almost every aspect of our game development, from gameplay logic and physics to shaders, audio, UI, and beyond.
One of the most unique and engaging aspects of this role with LAI Games is the variety of projects and range of technologies used to deliver memorable gameplay experiences. In the short term, this role will focus on a consumer VR game. In the longer term, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate on anything from more consumer games, to arcade titles, Virtual Reality experiences, and beyond.
Motivated by the diversity of products, projects, and technologies they're exposed to in their role, our Game Programmers thrive in the collaborative environment that drives the integration of these game elements, delivering incredible, physical games and experiences unlike any other.
- Design and develop game software with a high standard of code quality, stability, maintainability, readability, and performance.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers, artists, and designers to build asset pipelines, workflow processes, and per-project development tools that are stable, elegant, and efficient.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers to advise the best software packages, hardware platforms, game engines, and techniques for implementing games, features, and tools.
- Advise the development team with the scope and resources required for new product ideas, new game features, and improvements to our existing game catalog.
- Co-develop and integrate custom hardware interfaces and peripherals.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with current and past projects, and test to ensure stability.
- Contribute to the design of new product ideas and features.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new game ideas to evaluate their fun, feasibility, and market fit.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience with C# and Unity3D games targeting PC platforms.
- Strong experience with common gameplay features such as physics, animation, user interfaces, state machines, shaders, networking, etc.
- Strong understanding of PC hardware performance, benchmarking and optimization.
- Experience working in teams with version control systems such as Git, Mercurial, or Perforce.
- Able to thrive in a diverse, collaborative team working productively and autonomously
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- A passion for games is critical as you'll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products.
Special Requirements (nice to have):
- Experience in VR development.
- Experience writing other software such as C++ DLLs, APIs, servers, or websites.
- Experience with a variety of software development tools and practices such as unit testing, continuous integration, data-driven development, etc.
What do we offer:
- Performance bonus scheme
- Annual personal technology fund of $1,000 to buy games, toys, and tech
- Annual Timezone Powercard so you can enjoy all the latest arcade games
- Training and education programs
- Private medical, dental, and life insurance coverage
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly self-directed personal development days
- Finish work early every Friday afternoon for social drinks and games
- Work in a dynamic, creative arcade/workspace
- Team events - being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer
LAI Games is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth.