Jetpack Interactive has been a fixture in the Vancouver game community since 2011. Our studio DNA originated from three flagship Vancouver development studios (Black Box Games, Deep Fried Entertainment, & United Front Games) that our directors co-founded between 1998 and 2007. We have focused on building long-term relationships with AAA game studios looking for engineering experience to help bring their games to market.
Jetpack has been fortunate to work alongside clients like Sony Interactive, Electronic Arts, Bandai Namco, and Amazon Game Studios on long-term engagements spanning multiple tours of duty.
We have assembled a small but cohesive team of knowledgeable programmers who enjoy contributing to iconic titles but also value a collaborative, entrepreneurial backdrop.
We are excited to add a few more long-term members to our core team to work on our next feature title. This is the project you want to be a part of - a premier AAA title for next generation consoles. If you’re revved up about being part of a small but skilled SWAT team making marquee games – we’re pretty sure you’ll like working at Jetpack.
Here are some key reasons why we enjoy making games at Jetpack:
- We pride ourselves on creating an environment that senior talent look for: a lean org structure without unnecessary layers of management
- Unwavering focus on quality and emphasis on delivering a great product
- Work alongside industry veterans who have shipped titles and franchises ranging from Need For Speed, Full Auto, and Little Big Planet Karting… to Sleeping Dogs, EA NBA LIVE, Dark Souls, and Orcs Must Die.
- Unparalleled access to world class studios and their prized IPs
- The benefits of working alongside an industry leader – but all delivered within the framework of a boutique Gastown hub
- Opportunity to travel for short visits to the principal development studio 3-4 times per year
- Significant work flexibility and autonomy compared to traditional large studio development
From a top level, here is what the responsibilities are:
- Design and develop new engine technology for the production of current and future games
- Maintain and support our existing game engine technology while in use by production teams
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards almost all aspects of game production and development
- Work proactively to identify technical risks and generate solutions
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Keep current with the technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Analyze code for performance and optimization opportunities
- Document functionality and implementation details for production and other engineers
To be considered for this permanent position, you will have the following background:
- Success in being part of team that shipped console games and all that entails
- Strong expertise in C and C++
- Rendering coding experience
- Strong ability to manage own timelines and responsibilities (our flat structure is based on trust)
- Clear interest in working with a senior, nimble team with little interest in hierarchy
To be a top candidate:
- Clear background of success of launches with AAA console games
- Rendering coding experience
Please apply asap, we are interviewing immediately.