Our Programming team at Insomniac Games is growing and we're looking for talented gameplay programmers to join us! With responsibilities ranging from enemies and bosses to crowd sim and progression systems, gameplay programmers work closely with designers, animators and artists to bring gameplay mechanics to life. If you’re passionate about “finding the fun”, then this is the role for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Designs and implements various gameplay features including AI, weapons, systems and more.
- Works closely with content creators on feature implementation, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals
- Builds and improves proprietary tools to expose gameplay features and systems to content creators.
- Solicits feedback from the team on how to streamline workflow and improve efficiency.
- Provides time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, (desired) and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Strong 3D math skills, including but not limited to practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrices and matrix transformations, and the various different representations of rotations (Euler, angle-axis, quaternion).
- The basics of intersection testing and collision are a plus.
- Proficient with an application programming language (C and C++)
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.
- Familiarity with commercial content creation packages.
- Familiarity with component-based programming paradigms.
- Dedication towards individual and team growth.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Ability to drive the creation of fun and innovative gameplay.
- Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables.
- Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently when required.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here
to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.