HitTrax is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and skilled Senior Software Engineer to work on a contract basis to develop a new modular platform architecture for our core baseball/softball software. This core technology currently supports a global user base from individual home users to professional MLB teams, enabling training, gaming, and simulation solutions. This new platform architecture is responsible for providing real-time data collection, storage, analysis, cloud synchronization, and simulation through interfacing with our real-time tracking hardware and cloud APIs. A critical part of the re-architecture project will be refactoring and adapting the current platform into the newly developed framework. As part of the InMotion Systems engineering team, you will work with individuals dedicated to creating flexible and adaptive solutions that deliver great customer experiences, all with a focus on high quality and high performance.
The contract terms will initially be for 3 months, with extensions possible. The project is expected to run through the end of the 2023.
- Spend 90% of your time writing code and designing solutions
- Work with team leads to support the re-architecture / re-platform project
- Participate in code review and other team activities, including daily meetings
- Report directly to the CTO
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of experience with Unity, developing complex modular applications leveraging database and cloud support
- Strong foundation in applications and services with modern software architectures / modular plug-in design
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL
- Unity 2022
- Unity UIElements
- Unity Addressables
- Version Control (git)
- Unity Universal Render Pipeline
- Unity Mecanim
- Visual Studio IDEs
- The experience with the following Unity technologies would be considered a nice to have:
- GameObject UI
- Unity Networking
- Input System
- Scriptable Build Pipeline
- Test Framework
- Profile Analyzer
InMotion Systems / HitTrax is headquartered in Northborough, MA.
Working from a remote location will be considered for this position.