Happy Volcano is looking for a Unity developer for Nintendo Switch to complement our console team; to work on our current game “You Suck At Parking”, as well as other future projects.
Your focus will be porting You Suck At Parking to a successful release on Nintendo Switch. Enabling it to reach millions of players around the world.
As a live game, your work will cover porting the current version of the game and establishing pipelines to support the post-release content lifecycle, feature additions, updates and DLC, working with the rest of the console team to overcome the challenges of cross platform development.
Together with a Producer and the QA team, you’ll make sure all NX certification requirements are met, and the game lives up to its full potential on Nintendo Switch devices.
You will be a respected and crucial part of our team.
- Porting the current game and future updates to Nintendo Switch
- Guiding the art and design team for any Switch specific requirements
- Optimizing code and graphics to make the game run as smooth as possible
- We’re a small studio and value collaboration across teams and disciplines. You’ll be expected to work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor and support your team.
- You have minimum 2-3 years of professional experience developing in Unity
- You have shipped at least 1 game on Nintendo Switch
- You know how to navigate Nintendo’s developer portal, documentation and LOT certification process.
- You’re an excellent communicator and fluent in English
- You are able to work full-time either in Belgium or from your country of residence
- You are able to work remotely during (or partly overlapping) core Central European Time
Nice to have
- Experience in porting to other consoles
- Familiarity with Jira and agile practices
If you don’t fit all criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What Happy Volcano can offer you:
- A competitive salary adjustable to the cost of living for where you’re based
- The opportunity to work in a growing team of enthusiasts
- Opportunities to continue your professional development
- Fully remote studio indefinitely with an option to work from our offices in Belgium
- 21 days of paid time off per year minimum. On top of that, the studio is closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Official government holidays from the country you reside in
- Healthy work/life balance
- A flexible work schedule.
If you’d like to apply for this job, please visit https://www.happyvolcano.com/jobs. Please include a CV, links to any work or portfolio, and any other relevant information. We’re excited to hear from you!
We encourage marginalized and people from underrepresented groups to apply for this role.