Happy Volcano is looking for an experienced Backend engineer to complement our backend team; to work on our current game “You Suck At Parking”, as well as other future projects.
Our games rely heavily on a solid backend layer, built in Azure and Playfab; where players are rewarded, in-store and IAP is handled, content is periodically updated and much more.
You’ll be working directly with a backend lead and the Unity development team to add great value to our games.
Your primary responsibility will be to maintain and improve existing functionality, to design, develop, test and document new features, to strengthen the core architecture, and to add layers of security to the game.
You will be a respected and crucial part of our team.
- Contributing to the overall architecture, performance, automation and internal development methods and standards
- Writing clear and concise documentation and operating instructions
- Keeping the game’s backend running stable on a multi-platform live game
- Implementing securities and anti-cheat solutions
- We’re a small studio and value collaboration across teams and disciplines. You’ll be expected to work well with the whole team
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor and support your team
- You have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in C# .NET backend development
- You are very familiar with Clean Architecture, CQRS and SOLID principles
- You feel at home with NoSQL (Cosmos DB or similar using EF Core)
- You have experience with Azure Cloud resources such as Function Apps, Key Vaults, Application Insights, Storage (Blob, Queues), Database Accounts, etc…
- You display excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and you have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and high-quality application architecture in general, with security, maintainability and scalability in mind.
- You’re adept in Git as a code versioning tool.
- You’re an excellent communicator and fluent in English
- You are able to work full-time either in Belgium or from your country of residence
- You are able to work remotely during (or partly overlapping) core Central European Time
Nice to have
- Experience with Linux and Docker
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms, unit and integration testing (xUnit.net, Moq).
- Experience in the game industry or with implementing backend functionality in games
- Familiarity with Jira and agile practices
If you don’t fit all criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What Happy Volcano can offer you:
- A competitive salary adjustable to the cost of living for where you’re based
- The opportunity to work in a growing team of enthusiasts
- Opportunities to continue your professional development
- Fully remote studio indefinitely with an option to work from our offices in Belgium
- 21 days of paid time off per year minimum. On top of that, the studio is closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Official government holidays from the country you reside in
- Healthy work/life balance
- A flexible work schedule.
If you’d like to apply for this job, please visit https://www.happyvolcano.com/jobs. Please include a CV, links to any work or portfolio, and any other relevant information. We’re excited to hear from you!
We encourage marginalized and people from underrepresented groups to apply for this role.