We are seeking a Lead Programmer to join our studio and manage the codebase and programming team for an upcoming project in development.
The project is a third person horror game with experimental narrative, a return to the genre that Sam previously explored with Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Candidates with experience of shipping a third person Unreal title on console are preferred. We’re combining AAA experience with indie agility to deliver a big, ambitious game and are assembling a small team to make it happen.
This is a full-time position based in Brooklyn and is currently scheduled to begin in Summer 2021. We are open to discussing remote or hybrid working formats with the right candidate. Currently, we cannot offer visa sponsorships to non-US citizens.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Designing, developing, and managing the codebase and build process
- Manage and mentor a small programming team
- Experienced with
- Third-person character gameplay and animation systems
- Complex level streaming
- Motion capture pipelines
- Photoreal rendering
- Shipped a third person character game on console
- Experienced with Unreal Engine
- Comfort working with a hybrid in-person and remote team
- An appreciation for narrative and psychological horror
- Alignment with our studio’s stated mission and values