We are currently looking for a Network Programmer for Kaidro.
We are looking for someone who will assist in the development and implementation of our networks and systems. Participate in long- and short-range technology planning. Take a pragmatic and solution-focused approach to designing, improving and implementing monitoring, and defining SLAs to give our player base the best experience possible. You will work with stakeholders on game teams to understand needs, align expectations, support and educate in the use of shared technology and ultimately help realize their vision.
Our ideal candidate has a strong passion for multiplayer gaming and has at least one year of experience in working on multiplayer features on a shipped PC/Console title. As with most multiplayer development, a keen sense that success lies in a satisfying and fun gameplay experience is important.
- Actively engages other teams in order to build resilience into the system and across features.
- Be the highest escalation point for network issues and provide mentorship to our technology generalists
- Ensures systems are appropriately documented, and that documentation is maintained.
- Actively manage ambiguity within complex and diverse problem spaces, breaking down problems and clearly communicating tradeoffs throughout development.
- Troubleshoot production issues.
- Creatively adapt to circumstances as they change in real-time.
- Assist with designing, improving and implementing monitoring, alarming and defining SLAs to give our player base the best experience possible.
- Iterate on scalable designs that can be deployed easily and can be used to efficiently execute disaster recovery workflows if necessary.
- Design and develop new features for our networking and multiplayer game play systems
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
Essential/Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related field or 5 years of work experience in Networking
- Exposure and some experience automating the deployment and configuration of network nodes and systems
- A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Experience performing system and network application load testing and identifying and addressing hardware, network, system, or application bottlenecks
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships and influence across the organization and adept at working in a global, large scale, cross functional, highly collaborative and high-performance environment; ability to interact and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Exposure and some experience working with Unreal
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to identify priorities to accomplish a variety of tasks simultaneously
- 2+ years experience implementing multiplayer on a shipped title
- Experience within network delivery and operational support
- In-depth experience with BGP
- Experience with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Strong passion for multiplayer games
Desired Qualifications Systems Experience
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching, data center/service provider focus)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with security appliances
- Experience developing games professionally for Mobile