To the delight of Paris Festival attendees, our game was available to play.
9 out of 10 players finished our vertical slice (full 30 min) and had many very positive comments.
We are offering You
- To be a very important part of the development of Once Upon a Puppet a puzzle-platformer game with many elements that make for a memorable experience in this genre.
- Be Indie and away from corporate bureaucracy and a heavy chain of command that slows down decision making & creativity.
- Be part of the core team, you will not be a cog in a machine, your voice will be heard & important.
- Your creativity will not be limited by corporate processes, only self-limited by "blue-sky" yet realistic ideas that enhance the fun and do not kill scope.
- You will work remotely and manage your own time & location to focus.
- Choose when you want to take a day off or have a longer vacation.
- We at FTE heavily promote a culture free from crunch. Do not do it, it can have terrible effects.
- Other team members will be glad to teach you or learn from you.
- Your input will have an effect on the project and its final form.
- If wanted, representing the game, team & company at game dev. events.
- You will feel you are responsible and a true owner of the game you are making.
- You are learning and evolving with us, Flatter Than Earth, a team & company aiming for big things.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Flatter Than Earth, our mission is to create whimsical video games that triple A studios do not dare to make.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating video games and help players have fun. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old challenges and we seek to rethink how interesting themes (like theater & puppets or music) can merge into games that speak to the heart, mind & soul.
Our current project, Once Upon a Puppet aims to capture the attention and unleash the imagination of gamers of all ages.
Our core values are:
They are few, but they are strong. From creating processes to decision-making and finding the right team-members, we build & see our 5 core values in every thing we do.
Independence. Others can trust that you’ll be organized, pro-active and deliver what you agreed to and vice versa.
Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to expand your abilities further. You're never satisfied with the status-quo.
Communication. Your communication is spontaneous, clear, concise, and engaging whether you're explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent into the gaming industry. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
Impact. You're able to take a bird's eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our players, our team, and our company. You're committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Flatter Than Earth as a company.
We at Flatter Than Earth THANK YOU and are looking forward to hearing from You! :-)