Help us write the next big chapter of Epic Story Interactive!
Exciting things are happening as we begin development on new, original games – a first for Epic Story Interactive! Previously we’ve released numerous successful and highly rated mobile games including Beyblade Burst Rivals, Slugterra: Slug it Out! and its sequel, Slugterra: Slug it Out 2. We continue to update these much-loved games alongside a vibrant fan community.
As a Senior Game Designer, you’ll be leading a multi-disciplinary team on Beyblade Burst Rivals. You will be responsible for designing and executing fun, engaging experiences for our player base. You’ll have an opportunity to grow and develop your Game Design skills within a supportive and fast-paced environment.
There is ample opportunity to lead and help shape the future of the company. We value the desire to grow, take ownership, and lead by example. If you are someone who collaborates well with others, shares knowledge, assumes ownership, and takes pride in your work, then we would love to work with you!
- Support and lead the Beyblade Burst Rivals project through Live-Ops development cycle
- Collaborate with licensors and stakeholders to deliver on the creative vision of the project
- Pitch new features that follow brand guidelines and standards
- Communicate the design vision to the team and solicit their feedback
- Write strong design documentation that satisfies key performance indicators
- Take ownership to develop and fine tune game features while ensuring quality
- Develop and maintain design workflows and pipelines to improve production processes
- Mentor, lead, and develop game design team members
- Collaborate with art and programming disciplines to guide the look and implementation of features
- Collaborate with data science team to track and analyze game data
- Collaborate with QA to assure quality and polish is maintained
- Cultivate positive habits with team members to improve communication and ownership
- Perform any other actions that support your team’s goals
- 5 years of professional game design experience on free-to-play mobile games in Unity with at least 2 games shipped
- Solid understanding of free-to-play economic modelling
- Experience with identifying and integrating metrics reporting into free-to-play game design
- Experience working with data science to identify game deficiencies and propose solutions
- Full development cycle experience, from pre-production to launch to live operation
- Ability to accept and provide feedback
- Excellent organizational and data management skills
- Excels in a team environment as well as in an individual setting
- Excellent knowledge of mobile game design trends
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate ideas clearly
We Value Our Culture of Caring, Collaboration, Creativity, Growth, and Diversity
Epic Story Interactive is a family. All voices are welcomed and celebrated! We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth. We have a strong commitment to work-life balance, and we offer a great benefits plan.
We also love having fun! On Fridays we hold team bonding activities. We also host frequent pitch and game jams to give everyone an opportunity to be creative.
Work During COVID-19
Our employees are working from home to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. All interviewing, on-boarding, and work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
Epic Story Interactive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We emphasize inclusion, diversity and belonging. Our employees represent a broad spectrum of intersectional identities, and we believe this diversity helps us become better members of society, make better business decisions, and make products that resonate with more people. We encourage you to apply regardless of your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, neurotype, religion, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Interested and want to learn more about us and our team? Visit us at www.epicstoryinteractive.com.