As a VFX Artist for Eleventh Hour Games, you will be responsible for creating visually stunning vfx and implementing these into the game. You will collaborate with the skills team, design team, and art team in order to make the effects fit the vision, design needs, and overall style of the game. You'll be working very closely with our VFX lead, who will help guide and support you in this process.
- Create and implement outstanding visuals and VFX that will bring our skills, character and enemies to life.
- Design amazing visuals while focusing on delivering high fidelity visual game communication to the player in order to elevate the immersion.
- Organize and own your task column, making sure to keep it populated and ready for your work to be moved forward with the pipeline
- Attend meetings, remove blockers and voice your suggestions while taking feedback
- Creative and passionate about ARPGs and fantasy worlds
- Strong portfolio showcasing a good range of artistic abilities.
- Available to work during core hours, between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM Central Time
- Experience in professional game development as a VFX artist. Ideally 2+ years working on vfx in a high-production capacity.
- Self-starter, team-driven and organization skills
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High proficiency level with Unity and shuriken particles.
- High proficiency level with a texture creation program such as Photoshop, Krita, or Substance Designer.
- At least moderate level of proficiency with a 3d program such as Maya or Blender.
- Knowledge of the animation systems and other ways of making VFX in Unity, such as line renderers, decals, and shader magic.
- Knowledge of simulation tools in Houdini, Embergen, or other similar programs.
- 2D concepting skills
- Action RPG experience
- Shipped 1 or more games as a VFX artist
- Work from the comfort of your home
- Base salary is negotiable based on experience
- Flexible hours outside of core ones
- Multiple weekly game nights with the team (optional)
- 100% paid health coverage premiums for U.S. based employees