This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and highly skilled Unity game developer to work on an existing, well known action sports game, on an ongoing basis. The right person for this role will be experienced in AA or AAA games development at a studio with at least 2 shipped titles under their belt.
Join our boutique indie studio as a senior game developer and work with a small team to build upon a leading AA-rated title in its category. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to a one-of-a-kind game and collaborate with passionate and talented individuals who prioritize quality and creativity.
Working in a small indie game development team means that you may take on diverse responsibilities, however you’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the game's development. As a contracted role for a remote team, hours are flexible, but we are looking for someone able to scale up to a high weekly hour count of 30 or higher.
Salary Range: Hourly / Daily
Location: Remote (US / European timezones)
What will you do?
- Work on improving and maintaining an existing Unity action sports game.
- Lean prototyping new systems and gameplay features, which may include things such as core 'CCC' gameplay systems, online / offline game modes, UI and menus, cloud-based features, animation systems, map editing, back end services, and many more.
- Implement production versions of systems and features that are ready to move beyond prototype.
- Integrate third-party plugins and assets into Unity projects, resolving any issues.
- Optimize game performance for various platforms, including Console and PC
- Debug and fix issues in existing codebase.
- Work collaboratively with other developers, designers, and artists to ensure timely delivery of high-quality updates and features.
What are we looking for?
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field.
- 5 or more years of professional AA(A) experience in game development using the Unity 3D engine.
- Fluent in object-oriented C# with debugging and unit testing skills.
- You write clean, efficient, and maintainable code using C#.
- A team player with an understanding of the various tradeoffs and compromises between the technical and other functions of the studio in order to work together and achieve overall vision and business goals.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in the game development industry.
- Quick and eager to learn new skills just-in-time as needed to execute on tasks.
- Excellent at completing tasks both with or without supervision. Able to take initiative to solve problems and complete tasks independently when needed.
- Strong general software engineering skills. You should be able to demonstrate that you can understand product requirements and make good trade-offs in order to architect maintainable and performant systems that meet those requirements.
- Solid understanding of game design principles, including game mechanics, user interfaces, gameplay and physics systems.
- Knowledge of Unity-specific tools, such as Unity Animator, Unity UI, and Unity Physics.
- Expertise with Git for version control.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication including written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of foundational topics in mathematics related to game development, including calculus and linear algebra.
- Understanding of and skill implementing code models around physics and engineering concepts related to 3D games, which may include things such as laws of motion, traction modeling, wave filtering, optical and acoustical concepts and more.
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working on action sports games.
- Real life experience in action sports participation or culture.
- Real life experience in a skill-based creative hobby, including playing a musical instrument, visual art or other.
- Flexible working format. Hours are as needed