Dreamfeel are looking to hire a low poly 3D artist for our next full-length title.
We want someone with a breadth of knowledge and experience in 3D art, particularly in environments, but also someone who is keen to experiment with a range of styles and processes. Experience with characters and objects is a plus.
Who are we?
We're a games studio based in Dublin, Ireland. Recently we released If Found... for PC, Mac, iOS & Switch, a narrative game about family, friends, memory, erasure and being trans.
Our team has a diverse background of identities, and we strongly value this. We particularly welcome applicants excited to work in this environment.
- Experience in asset creation for real-time rendering
- Experience with texturing and lighting
- Experience working with game engines
- Can work remotely, familiar with using discord and other online communication tools for project management.
- Can work close to GMT time-zone
- Has shipped a game before, commercial or personal
- 3+ years experience in games.
- Experience with level design
- Experience with Unity
- VFX experience a plus
- Comfortable with iteration and works well giving and receiving feedback.
- Someone who enjoys autonomy, and has a strong sense of initiative to self-direct at times
- Always open to learning. We don’t expect applicants to know everything but do expect them to be excited to learn new tools, techniques and to experiment with them
- Interest in experimental indie games, and experimental narrative media in general
- Create environments, terrain and models for the game
- UV/Texturing of models
- Integrate art within the game/engine.
- We are a very small team of only 5 or 6 people so you will have a lot of responsibility for the aesthetic direction of the game.
- Collaborate with our illustrator and turn her art into models and textures
- Collaborate with level designers, programmers, etc.
We’re going to be considering applicants on a rolling basis until mid-December. We’ll try to reply within a couple of weeks.
From the start of December some applicants may be asked to do a day or a few days of paid trial work to see if we’re the right fit for each other. Followed by a trial month in January.
The role will continue up until early 2022, with the possibility for longer.
Salary: 36k euro for 4 days/week.
Send your cover letter, portfolio/website, and resume to: email@example.com with the subject “3D Artist application - [Your name]”.