We're looking for an ambitious Gameplay Programmer to join the Dream Harvest Family full time at our office in Brighton.
You'll have a passion for one or more of the following: 3 Cs, Animation, Feedback, Tools, Debugging.
You'll also have some serious technical knowledge (e.g. intense C# or C++ experience).
You'll be working side by side with our other Gameplay Programmer, Mission Designers, and Artists to support a diverse set of features across Solo and PVP;
You'll have experience working on at least one AAA or large Indie PC / Console game and experience with working in a game engine (Unity, Unreal, etc), and solid experience scripting in any scripting language.
- Fluent in C# and Unity
- 2 years of professional programming experience
- Strong data structures, logic and algorithm skills
- Experience with owning and driving the development of a technical feature from start to finish
- Experience with code optimization
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- A real passion for video games
- Experience with C++, UE4 and/or other tools/languages
- Experience as an engineer in the games industry
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an RTS
- Experience using lockstep
- Passion in one or more of the following areas: Game Design, AI, Graphics
WORKING AT DREAM HARVEST
At Dream Harvest, we're a small team building big, genre-defining experiences. We pride ourselves on the multi-disciplined nature of our team and it's important for us that every member of the team has a voice in the direction we take our games and studio. Working at Dream Harvest, your work will have a serious impact and will be integral to the success of our games. You'll get the chance to work closely with all the other disciplines at the studio and really put your stamp on everything we work on.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours and laid-back atmosphere
- Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Wednesday studio lunch
- Board Gaming Nights
- Skill Sharing Days / Events and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
) is a highly tactical cyberpunk RTS that turns the genre on its head by focusing on fast, macro and total information gameplay, short 8-12 min matches, epic global objectives and a dark cyberpunk narrative campaign that carefully combines Solo, Co-Op and competitive PVP into a seamless whole.
If you have any questions about this or any of our other roles feel free to speak to the team directly on our Discord at https://discord.gg/T7fRDe8
Please include a CV and Cover Letter. We want to know why you want to work at Dream Harvest and how your unique skill set will fit our needs.