Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a Physics Engineer that can collaborate closely with art and design to achieve outstanding physics-based gameplay in a multiplayer setting. You’ll develop tools and workflow improvements to accelerate team production and ensure high quality solutions to difficult problems.
What You'll Do:
- Implement underlying physics based mechanics that support multiplayer inside of Unreal Engine 5, leveraging the new Chaos physics engine that replaces PhysX.
- Work closely with content creators on feature implementation, providing technical and design feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals
- Optimize physics solutions for multiplayer on a dedicated server, and support network replication strategies for game feel and responsiveness.
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming feature dependencies
- Participate in feature and code reviews; strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Independently recognize opportunities to improve our games, tools, engine or general workflow; and seek to make these changes
What You'll Bring:
- Desire and willingness to work on complex problems; ability to design, develop, and iterate on solutions around physics and multiplayer gameplay.
- Excellent mathematics background, with an emphasis on 3D physics
- Experience with physical mechanics of vehicles such as suspension, torque, friction, and wheel mechanics
- Shipped one or more multiplayer games while contributing to networked physics simulation
- Professional experience working in the video game industry
- Excellent C++ knowledge and some knowledge of other languages (C#, Shells, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine
- Console development experience
- Experience as a team or group lead
- Shipped one or more AAA game title(s)
- Experience with PhysX, Havok, or other physics simulation packages in a video game environment.
- Avid Gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions
NOTE: This listing is part of Remote Game Jobs commitment and on going efforts to help game talents find new home during these unfortunate times of mass layoffs. If you know of any affected individuals that might benefit from it, please consider sharing it with them. You can also check the studio's Company Website from the Company Info box to see if they have more openings.