At Digimancy Entertainment, we love role-playing games, and we’re passionate about telling collaborative stories with our players. We’re a distributed, remote-friendly studio, founded by industry veterans who are known for making games where the player’s choices shape their experience. We’re looking for people who love RPGs and RPG-hybrids as much as we do.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Senior System Designer to join our team on an unannounced RPG-hybrid. This long-term contract position is remote work and does not require relocation. The Senior Systems Designer will report to the Lead Systems Designer and work closely with the Game Director and other team leads. As one of our early hires, they’ll have a chance to help shape the game’s foundational system infrastructure and take it all the way to finalization.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Completely own several gameplay systems, from design documentation to implementation, balance, and polish
- Work closely with the Lead System Designer and Game Director to ensure that the system designs are aligned with the overall game vision
- Coordinate with Engineers, Content Designers and other disciplines to develop the underlying systems infrastructure and data structure for content implementation
- Work with Producers to ensure that tasks are completed on time while still hitting a high quality bar
- Collaborate with Department Leads and Producers to ensure that designs are within the implementation scope as designated by our milestones
- Be prepared to take on additional game development duties including play testing, bug fixing, and content implementation as needed (We will all be wearing these hats from time to time)
- 5+ years in a Systems Designer role, preferably with at least one game shipped as a Systems Designer
- Knowledge and experience working in a 3D Game Development environment such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Internal Engine, etc. Unity experience is preferred
- Strong Written & Verbal Communication Skills (in English) are a must
- Real-time combat gameplay experience is a plus
- Scripting and programming experience preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, owning their work while also coordinating with team members
- Ability to remain focused and productive when working remotely
- Passion for RPGs, RPG-Hybrids and narrative-heavy games is a huge plus
About Digimancy Entertainment
As a collection of industry veterans, we’re known for making games where the player’s choices shape their experience. We’re passionate about telling collaborative stories with our players, and we aim to delight them by reacting to their decisions in fun and innovative ways.
All three of our founders have experience with ongoing live team support in online games. We love engaging with fans, listening to their suggestions, and thinking of ways to improve their experience through post-launch content.
Digimancy is based in Columbus, Ohio, but we embrace a remote model of game development. We’re happy to work with talented game developers no matter where they’re located.
Our three founders have a combined 60 years of game development experience, focusing on RPGs and RPG hybrids. Our credits include Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions, Torment: Tides of Numenera, D&D Online, Fallout: New Vegas, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Pillars of Eternity, Elder Scrolls Online, and Shattered Galaxy.
How To Apply
If this sounds like you, then we’re eager to meet you! Please send a resume, cover letter, and list of shipped titles to HR@digimancygames.com