At Digimancy Entertainment, we love role-playing games, and we’re passionate about telling collaborative stories with our players. We’re a distributed, remote-friendly studio, founded by industry veterans who are known for making games where the player’s choices shape their experience. We’re looking for people who love RPGs and RPG-hybrids as much as we do.
We are seeking an experienced Engineer to join our team on an unannounced RPG-hybrid. This long-term contract position is remote work and does not require relocation. You will be collaborating with other disciplines to develop engaging and memorable gameplay ideas and bring them to life.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Curiosity - bad for cats, great for engineers: fluency in standard programming languages (C# preferred) and the ability to write out solutions to questions raised. We need an enthusiastic self-starter and problem solver.
- A willingness and readiness to write and debug game code from core gameplay systems to shaders to third-party libraries.
- An ability to take ownership of a complete system. Comfortable designing, developing, testing, and documenting features for games in conjunction with the other disciplines.
- Collaborate with other engineers, from technical design phases to implementation of related systems.
- Be able to communicate with designers and artists to ascertain their needs and accommodate them.
- Strong familiarity with the code review process, as well as with version control systems such as Perforce, Git, etc.
- A generalist who can work in game code, game engine, tools, and support services
- 5 years working in C#
- 3 years working with version control systems
- 3 years working in game development
- At least 1 shipped title
- Familiarity working within an agile environment
- Fluent in English
- A passion for video games, especially RPGs and RPG-hybrids
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with current and next-gen consoles
- An understanding of profiling and optimization practices
If this sounds like you, then we’re eager to meet you! Please send a resume, cover letter, and list of shipped titles to HR@digimancygames.com.