CI Games is looking for an experienced and creative individual to join our team as a Senior Level Artist. You’ll be joining the team on an ambitious and original open world survival game with a horror thematic. We’re putting a unique twist on the formula, both in mechanics and the environmental challenges we set for the player. Visual quality is paramount, so we’re building in Unreal Engine 5.
A career at CI Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Creating locations to provide the best player experience possible
- Creating strong environment storytelling with set dressing
- Cooperating with the Art Director and Art Leads to maintain artistic consistency and vision for the game while building stellar levels and scenes
- Maintaining production and optimization pipeline
- Create core modular sets, prefabs, organic shapes and key assets for both architectural and organic environments
- Help translate grey box levels into strong visually charged architectural spaces and maintain moment-to-moment gameplay established by the design teams
- Help to develop future workflows and tools
- Check and optimise the performance aspects of levels throughout all development stages
- A minimum of 5 years of relative experience in the creation of game environments
- Passion for horror and survival genre
- A strong understanding of game engine fundamentals such as performance optimization, and game engine tools in particular Unreal 5
- Advanced level modelling and texturing experience in Maya or 3DSMax, ZBrush, Substance Painter or Design and Photoshop
- A portfolio of your own work which demonstrates a diverse range of environment types and an ability to tell a story through composition, staging, and lighting
- Great sense of scale, proportion, and composition
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail
- Knowledge of physically based rendering
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules (core hours 10am - 4pm CET), a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
- Once our Talent Acquisition team receives your application, together with the hiring team, we will review your CV, portfolio and the answers you provided in the application form and if all the boxes are ticked, we're moving to the next stage.
- Initial call with Talent Acquisition Specialist - During this call you'll learn about the company and we learn about you. We'll talk about your experience & expectations with working in a fully remote environment and we'll talk about your expertise. We'll finish this call with some admin questions. There will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions as well.
- After the initial call, usually 1 or 2 interviews with the hiring team follows. These interviews will be a bit more technical and will go deeper into your experience, skills & knowledge. As you would have signed an NDA by now, you'll also learn a bit more about the project you would work on. During these interviews we'll also focus on finding out whether you're a good fit for our company culture and that we share the same values.
- We may or may not ask you to do the test - this is decided on an individual basis and you will receive instructions with the test.
- If everything goes well, the last step in the recruitment process is the offer presentation call with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and your future line manager to discuss the offer and next steps to get you successfully on board.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.