ANIMATION · UNDERDOG · FULLY REMOTE
Senior Gameplay Animator
If you're a skilled Senior Gameplay Animator ready to take your career to the next level and join a company that values creativity and innovation, we want to hear from you!
We usually respond within a week
Are you a skilled Senior Gameplay Animator passionate about being part of a team that’s pushing the boundaries of what's possible in gaming? Do you have strong understanding of Animation, including traditional animation principles and techniques as well as experience with bringing characters to life in Unreal Engine? Do you have an understanding of rigging and skinning, and are comfortable troubleshooting and debugging technical issues? If so, we want you to join our team as a Senior Gameplay Animator!
As a Senior Gameplay Animator at Underdog Studio, you'll be working with Unreal Engine 5 and other cutting-edge technologies as you help create high-quality animations for characters and objects in our games. You’ll get to work on exciting projects for a leading gaming company, and have an opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of developers and artists.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and join a company that values creativity and innovation, we want to hear from you!
- Producing believable animation performances for characters and in game objects.
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standards of fidelity and style.
- Bringing your experience working with State Machines, Unreal Animation Blueprints and overall game engine experience to our team.
- Having the ability to recognize when models or characters will not be able to animate based on our current system and work with artists to find a solution.
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Taking responsibility for animations created, to ensure quality and smooth movement through the workflow. Work effectively with other team disciplines to create prototypes and production animation that fits with the vision of the game design.
- Actively contribute to the improvements of the animation tools, problem solving and production pipelines
- Min. 5 years of animation experience, ideally with some exposure to shooter games
- Minimum 3 years Game-play animation experience as a Senior
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1 title (for PC and Consoles) as an Animator
- Minimum 2 years UE experience
- Excellent knowledge of unreal engine animation system
- Experience animating first/third person characters for traversal systems
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimisation, and implementation and building basic rigs
- Proficiency with Maya, MotionBuilder and other 3D software packages.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Open and creative mind.
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours (10am - 4pm CET), and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking from anywhere in Europe with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.