Design and implement new features, working closely with the Lead Designer and the Game Director to ensure the project’s vision is realised.
You will be given ownership of major aspects of the game’s design and implementation, focusing primarily on either Game Design or Level Design elements depending on your speciality.
You will be expected to perform both Game Design and Level Design tasks in this role, regardless of which is your strong suit, so showing ability and a desire to learn both is required.
- At least one shipped title (or similar experience)
- Unreal Engine 4 proficient, including Blueprint
- Good understanding of design theory
- Proactive in problem solving and identification
- Self motivated / self directed
- Player controller balancing experience
- Enemy design, and enemy encounter difficulty-scaling experience
- Experience / knowledge of stealth and Metroidvania games
- Can sum up an idea elegantly, producing succinct documentation
- Version Control / Continuous Integration experience
- G Suite experience
- Jira experience
- £27,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
- Salaries scale with company success
- Fully remote (UK based)
- Set your own hours – Delivery-focused production allows you to set your own start time, end time, and make time for necessary life activities
- No crunch
- Christmas Holiday period – All employees have December 20th – January 3rd as complimentary holiday, which is not subtracted from your holiday entitlement
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We’re in the early stages of our growth. Joining us now is a great opportunity to learn, grow with us, and have a real impact and influence on the company.
We also support personal development and learning of new skills, so will try to move you onto the projects you like in the positions you want. This includes furnishing you with learning resources at times.
Cardboard Sword is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming people from all walks of life. We take care to remove bias from the selection process, and are open to suggestions that would allow us to do this better. We have a workplace culture that is transparent, trusting and fair.