Are you drawn to story driven games and the systems that power them? Do you want to work on worlds that bring people together, at a company that values diversity, inclusivity, and maintaining a great work-life balance?
As an audio engineer intern on the Narrative Systems and Workflow team, you'll focus on empowering our content creators to tell inspiring stories within our proprietary engine. At the intersection of story and technology, you'll work with audio designers and composers to optimize, update, and expand the relevant runtime systems and pipelines that drive audio narrative in our game. Most importantly, you will work with a fun and creative team helping make exciting player experiences in Destiny.
- Develop audio features that take advantage of a three-dimensional soundscape.
- Collaborate with experienced colleagues to optimize the workflow and improve the fidelity of our ambient audio environment creation pipeline.
- Build confidence with the Audiokinetic Wwise authoring toolset and APIs.
- Proficient in C/C++ and has an understanding of multi-threaded concepts, algorithm design, and common data structures (binary search trees, queues, stacks, hash tables, spatial partitioning).
- Strong relevant math background (trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus II).
- Demonstrable knowledge of mathematical concepts used in Digital Signal Processing (Z-transforms, convolution, Fourier transforms).
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Personal or academic experience developing and debugging audio asset pipelines.
- An academic or practical understanding of how audio game engine sub-systems interact with game logic.
- Authoring, automation, or programming experience with Audiokinetic Wwise.
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.