This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Art and Animation Jobs.
Contractor. Remote - UK Time Zone +/- 2 hours. 5 month contract, day rate negotiable.
Bithell Games was founded in 2013 after the success of Thomas Was Alone, and has since continued that success with a string of games, from original IP, to collaborations on licensed IP. We’re known internationally for our often surprising, but always entertaining projects.
Our team is made up of a mix of full time and contract employees, all working remotely since the company’s founding. This lets us work fast, creatively and with more flexibility. We take enormous pride in the quality of the games we produce, but put equal weight on our company’s treatment of workers. We have never crunched, and we never will.
We have a number of exciting projects on the boil right now, and are hiring for a range of roles. We’re excited to continue to expand our team and make more awesome games.
Currently, we’re looking for a Character Concept Artist. You’ll work to produce a range of characters for an upcoming game. We’re looking for a wide range of diverse characters, so you’ll focus on building out a pool of ideas based on briefs from the game’s director and the rest of the art team. A subset of these ideas will then be further polished to create style guides for the game’s 3D artists. You’ll be an essential and respected part of our team.
- You’ll be responsible for developing a range of character concepts, populating a world with exciting and intriguing people.
- You’ll produce a large number of ideas quickly at the sketch phase, building out a wide population.
- You’ll polish up and produce high quality renders of core characters to guide their implementation in 3D.
- We’re a small company, so we value collaboration with team members across all disciplines, and you’ll be expected to communicate and work well with the whole team.
- You’ll be expected to iterate quickly, but also be able to clean up and produce highly polished work as necessary.
- You’ll be a proactive and positive contributor to the project, and support your team.
- A portfolio showing both early level character design concepts, and finished, polished 2D character art.
- A focus on human characters, at varying levels of stylization.
- Knowledge and interest in costuming and fashion.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you don't fit every single requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway!
If you’d like to apply for this job, please send an email with subject line ‘Character Concept Artist’ followed by your name. Please include a CV, links to any work or portfolio as appropriate, and any other relevant information. We’re excited to hear from you!
Bithell Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you’re welcome here. We highly encourage members of marginalised and underrepresented groups to apply for this role.