The Contract Environment Lighting Artist will work closely with the project’s Art Lead and Game Designer to implement the lighting and overall look of the environments, creating polished, atmospheric visuals for Armature’s latest project. The person in this role will specialize in crafting the final overall presentation of room assets, with a focus on lighting, fog, and color balance, while optimizing for both visual fidelity and performance. Experience with Unreal lighting for first person experiences is required. Lighting with Unreal on mobile platforms is heavily encouraged.
This job is a six month contract with possibility of extension, 40 hours per week. The job will begin as work from home, but will require working on site once Armature deems it safe to move back to the office. Continued remote work may be considered for highly qualified candidates within the US. Relocation is not available for this position.
If interested in applying, send resume and a link to your portfolio to: email@example.com
- Support the game design with amazing art! Define the final look of the environment by crafting high-quality, polished lighting, fog, and color balance.
- Work within technical standards and limitations set forth by the game, creating highly optimized art that still looks great!
- Maintain the artistic goals for the game. Understand and work within the style set forth by Game Director, Art Lead, and concepts.
- Know and play the game so that you understand how the work you do relates to the player experience.
- Manage your time and create estimates of how long your work will take with production and other teammates.
- Communicate clearly, always be eager to learn, and be a great teammate!
- Previous game studio experience preferred.
- Proficient in Unreal 4, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Highly proficient in lighting, fog, and look-dev, with a focus on Unreal platforms.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to follow existing guidelines, policies, procedures or project parameters.
- Trained in Art/Design with emphasis on composition, lighting, color theory, and shape language.
- VR game experience, lighting and look-dev for VR mobile platforms.
- Technical knowledge of shaders and Unreal 4 blueprints.
To apply, please click the button below and attach your resume and cover letter