Arctic Theory is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join its Game team.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will have the opportunity to join us in the early stages of development. In this cross-functional role, you will work closely with the design and art teams to bring meaningful and engaging experiences to life in a multiplayer virtual world.
- Build, improve and maintain gameplay systems and features
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs
- Ensure the quality, performance and stability of technical deliverables
- Work closely with designers, producers, artists and other programmers to bring designs to life
- Build unique, immersive content for a dynamic world
- 2+ years of gameplay programming experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong C++ and blueprint skills
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar
What we offer:
- A work environment that promotes growth, creativity and innovation
- Flexible work hours
- Great office space in Hafnarfjörður, Iceland, and the opportunity to work remotely
- Lunch on-site three times a week on top of free drinks, snacks and coffee/tea
- Regular staff hangouts (fx. barbeques, gaming sessions, movie nights)
About Arctic Theory:
Arctic Theory was founded in the summer of 2020 by game industry veterans with decades of experience working on some of the most ambitious, acclaimed multiplayer games. Our mission is to push the boundaries of multiplayer gaming, with a vision centered around collaboration, creativity and community. Taking aspects from traditional MMOs and social networking, our team aims to deliver a new, evolved experience in the multiplayer genre.