This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Programming Jobs.
Are you a programming veteran excelling in C++? Do you have a shipped game(s) under your belt with coding credits? Are you excited to collaborate with a team of innovative and passionate developers in a seaside games studio that has the wellbeing of employees at the forefront of our ethics? Antimatter Games asks you to read on!
You’ll be bringing your experience and knowledge to our robust coding department. Your work will be exciting and varied as your code touches all aspects of our online first-person shooter ’83.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You’ll work closely with our designers to translate their features into clean and efficient code
- You’ll be producing prototypes of gameplay ideas to explore their viability
- Your knowledge of new game systems and tools will help us improve performance
- You’ll be implementing all technical aspects of games such as networking, animation, effects, UI, audio.
- You’ll assess and solve performance and memory issues in an existing codebase
- You’ll analyse, refactor, and improve existing core technology and tools
- You’ll serve as a technical expert and provide support and feedback with our other programmers and as part of a larger team
- You’ll communicate with our design team and project leadership about the practical and technical concerns of proposed features and content, including timeframes and any relevant technical limitations
- You have one or more shipped PC/console titles with engine or graphics credit
- You have excellent knowledge of C++ and systems design skills
- You’re experienced with UE4 programming on published titles
- You have knowledge about engine low-level systems: graphics, physics, multithreading, networking…
- You’re a great problem-solver
- You’re proactive, autonomous and self-motivating
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You’ve achieved a BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience of one or more graphics API
- Cross-platform (PC, Xbox, PS) development
- Experience with build systems
- Passion for first person shooters
- Experience with JIRA and/or Agile software development
Antimatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. We are currently busy developing first-person tactical shooter ‘83 as well as working on a currently unannounced project.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
Please note this position is for a remote Sub-Contractor on a rolling 1 year contract. There would also be the opportunity to convert to a full time onsite role in the future if desired.
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here. https://bae25225-cf6b-435f-b433-5bc37c1bb661.filesusr.com/ugd/249ad1_f265a531218c49e6b089607c9c9da4ff.pdf