We are currently looking for a Backend Developer to join our team preferably in Shanghai but also accepting remote. As the backend developer, you will be responsible for the implementation of server-side game logic and integrations with the web app. You will work alongside our front-end Unity developers who will be the main clients of the backend, as well as, the rest of our team for gameplay specifications.
● Implement backend systems to handle gameplay logic prioritizing extensibility, flexibility, and readability.
● Implement integrations of game backend with other clients such as web app.
● Collaborate directly with Unity front-end developers, and designers.
● Write documentation on implementation.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field.
● A minimum of 3 years of professional game development experience.
● Strong background in internet protocols, mainly, HTTP and Websockets.
● Familiar with game programming patterns and best practices.
● Fluency in C#. Fluency in NodeJS is a plus.
● Familiarity with RPG game systems and turn-based combat is a plus.
● Proficiency with Git, Jira, and Agile Development.
● Comfortable learning new software and libraries to implement innovative gameplay.
● Solid software engineering skills; ability to write maintainable, extensible, and robust code.
● Able to self-direct and comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration.
● Ability to collaborate and communicate under tight deadlines.
● Strong time management & organization skills.