Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We are looking for a highly skilled visual/interaction designer who will collaborate with Product Managers, Game Designers, UX Designers and Art Lead, to develop next-generation user interfaces for our growing catalog of mobile games.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to our Lead UX Designer, you will:
- Craft animations for things like screen transitions and celebratory moments
- Create visual/particle effects in connection with animations
- Utilize existing UI elements to translate feature and usability specs into user new interface designs
- Refine and improve existing user interface elements, layouts and visual language
- Iterate on designs taking feedback from members within the team
- Leverage user research and internal playtests to inform, validate existing or new designs
- Work alongside UX Designers and external development partners documenting visual design practices and patterns.
- Be an integral part of the process from feature debriefing to UI deliverables with the ability to speak to your work facilitating conversations between publisher and developer.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- 5+ years as a UI Designer, Visual Designer, or Interaction Designer in a mobile game company
- Experience in mid-core/core games and/or passion for this category
- Ability to remain on-brand for products that are currently in development with the ability to create new visual styles for those that are just beginning.
- Ability to develop and maintain Style Guides
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Good sensibilities as it relates to user experience
- Willingness to learn and the ability to remain flexible
- Awareness of current UI trends both inside and outside the mobile games industry
- A stellar portfolio showcasing versatility in style with a mastery of color and composition
Considered a plus if you have:
- Prototyping interactions using Unity or Unreal
- Ability to work in both 2D and 3D
- Shipped mobile games
- Familiarity with the dynamics of the publisher-developer relationship
Location: Remote or Novato, CA
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.