Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We are looking for a proficient UI designer who will collaborate with Product Managers, Game Designers, and other cross-functional teams to develop next-generation UIs for our growing catalog of mobile games.
Reporting to our Director of Product, you will:
- Work on the publisher side to translate Product Management, Game Design, and player feedback into a cohesive UI vision for the game and collaborate with developers through implementation and shipping of feature designs to players.
- Build UI deliverables (wireframes, user flows, detailed specs, and prototypes) for features that can optimally communicate sophisticated gameplay.
- Facilitate UI debriefs between publisher and developer. Collaborate with game designers, product managers, UI / UX artists, art directors, and engineers to iterate on your UI designs.
- Work alongside UX designers and external development partners on minting UI best practices and new visual styles.
Who We Believe Will Be a Great Fit:
- 3-5+ years as a UI designer in a mobile game company with shipped titles.
- Familiarity with mid-core and hard-core mobile games.
- Experience building and iterating on detailed design specs for engineering, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Familiarity with the dynamics of the publisher-developer relationship.
- Outstanding teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills. Positive personality and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Awareness of current trends in UI design in the mobile game industry.
- Strong eye for visual design.
Bonus: Ability to use Unity for prototypes, UI implementation, and UI QA.
Location: Remote or Novato, CA
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.