This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Design Jobs.
Unreal Designer, Environments
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits and works include, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver, BC location is seeking an Unreal Engine based designer to join our team. This role is project based and may start as early as mid-June.
The Unreal Engine Designer will focus on creating organic, lush, exterior environments. This will include scene assembly; putting all the CG pieces together and making sure that a cohesive scene is sound, both technically and creatively. Ideally you have experience in real-time VFX production in Unreal Engine or in depth experience in level designing within Gaming.
The right candidate will work with both our on-set team and in-studio VFX Supervisors to ensure all CG scenes are created in timely manner and technically sound. The Unreal Designer will report to the Head of Digital.
- Build and assemble CG environments in Unreal Engine 4
- Use appropriate tools to simulate real camera in UE4
- Be the technical point person for the On-Set and in-studio VFX Supervisors
- Provide technical support as it relates to Unreal Engine an virtual set design
- Take feedback well and work in a timely and qualitatively manner
- Interact with other related departments including Creative Layout, Camera & Tools
- Adhere to digital file management protocols
- Ability to work from home / remotely
- 5 years’ minimum experience with design for Unreal based Environments
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- 1 year minimum experience scripting in C++ or blueprint
- Direct experience with data management between dcc software and UE
- Knowledge and past experience in using Perforce file management
- Experience in lighting environments
- In-depth understanding of cinematography and camera terminology
- Real-time VFX production related experience a plus
- Knowledge of Maya a plus
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate technical ideas fluidly
- Mentor other artists including juniors where required
- Adaptable to change
- Pro-active, highly motivated with a solid work ethic
- Team player
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Able to keep up with fast pace and meet deadlines
- Up-to-date reel showcasing required skill set
Canadian and PR residents preffered.