This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Design Jobs.
As Lead Designer, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and creative vision of key features on a forthcoming AAA title. You will help guide the development team and liaise with stakeholders to ensure these features meet the highest level of quality while staying true to the overall product vision.
- Articulate the scope and depth of the projects creative vision to the development team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the design, art, and code teams to develop and iterate on gameplay mechanics and aesthetics.
- Lead the development team in the creation of high-level design documentation, including game mechanics, story, and level layouts.
- Develop a culture of inclusivity and growth through mentorship and coaching.
- Work with the producer to establish and maintain project scope, schedules, and budgets.
- Act as the main point of contact between the development team and partner stakeholders, communicating updates and making key creative decisions.
- Identify and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues that arise during development.
- Continuously playtest the game and provide constructive feedback to the development team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively articulate and defend creative decisions.
- Experience overseeing the development of a shipped game title in a leadership role.
- Familiarity with industry-standard game development tools and processes.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A passion for playing and making games, with a strong understanding of game design principles.
- A portfolio demonstrating your work on previous game projects is preferred.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise