Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
We’re looking for a talented Contract Environment Artist to hit the ground running and help bring Xadia to life through their beautiful art and immersive environment design.
What you will do...
- Create beautiful 3D environment and level assets that are of the highest artistic quality and that serve the game’s design pillars
- Collaborate with art, design, and engineering departments to ensure quality in all aspects of environment art
- Work with the Art Director and Environment Artist to maintain the artistic style and ensure a unified look and consistent quality across game environments
- 3+ years in an Environment Artist role
- Experience with game art pipelines and tools
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic/hard surface forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design)
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Blender, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Zbrush, etc.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Bonus XP: experience with Unreal Engine 4
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.