Permanent Full time/Freelance
Remote or Hybrid
*This is a remote or hybrid position, depending on location
Your day to day will focus around these areas:
- Research and develop AI elements that will best enhance the game
- Create custom code and AI tools to expand the game
- Create procedures and product documentation
- Collaborate with the technical director and leads on technical AI design and core AI tech and feature rollout.
- Assisting animators, designer and programmers on AI requirements
- Enhance the gameplay experience for users
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to ensure a smooth roll out of new features.
- Develop prototypes for testing
- Collaborate with game testers to identify bugs and effect changes based on feedback
Skills and Requirements
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years programming experience.
- Shipped at least 1 game as AI programmer
- Strong intuition for how artificial intelligence works.
- Background in advanced mathematics
- Solid understanding of physics
- Experience programming movement, navigation and decision-making AI
- Mastery of C/C++, with excellent multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Experience with using Unreal Engine AI as well as other AI frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise on at least one major platform
- Fluent in English