Waypoint is looking for a motivated and talented producer and reporter who can help grow our video game coverage and streaming. This person should be intimately familiar with video games, reporting, Waypoint's voice, podcast and streaming hosting, and the ways that video games intersect with and affect culture, politics, and society.
This producer will be expected to work with other members of staff to help grow the subscriber base of Waypoint+, Waypoint's $5/month subscription product. They will be involved in planning daily coverage and special events. They will be expected to report and write news and then to discuss their reporting on the Waypoint Radio and Waypoint+ podcasts and Waypoint livestreams. They will work closely with Waypoint, Motherboard, and, as needed, VICE News management to plan special events that are both remote and in-office, brainstorm and plan Waypoint+ offerings
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- plan and appear on Waypoint Radio and Waypoint+ podcasts with other members of staff
- ongoing news reporting and scoop generation in a beat (video games)
- find angles on breaking news stories and blogging
- features and investigative reporting as discussed with an editor
- work with other staff writers and editors on reporting projects
- plan, and appear on regular Waypoint Twitch segments and special streaming events
- work with other senior staff on community development and engagement strategies
- work with other staff to grow Waypoint+ subscriber base
- work with other staff to retain existing Waypoint+ subscriber base
- brainstorm and help implement future Waypoint+ offerings (merch, physical products, live and digital events)
- Strong writing voice
- Ability to write and report posts quickly as needed
- Excellent reporting, source management, and protection skills
- Strong hosting skills
- Strong planning skills
- Community building skills
- Strong understanding of Waypoint voice
VICE offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package that is commensurate with experience and abilities. VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writer’s Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media and broadcast news.
VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writers Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media and broadcast news.
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
In alignment with our Core Behaviors
and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.