This is a fully remote, full-time, permanent contractor position.
We're VOID Interactive, the kickass team behind the best-selling FPS game, Ready or Not. We're made up of some seriously talented individuals who love games and creating awesome content together.
We're seeking someone who's just as passionate about gaming as we are and who's ready to join forces with us to help take our level design game to the next level. Our goal is strong: to establish Ready or Not as the quintessential FPS of our time.
As a Level Designer, you will play a vital role in shaping the gameplay experience and pushing the boundaries of immersive environments. We are seeking someone who shares our deep passion for gaming and is ready to contribute their expertise to elevate our game to new heights.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing level design prototypes to create engaging levels that challenge players and provide memorable experiences, using an understanding of architecture, composition, spatial strategies etc.
- Collaborating closely with design leadership to ensure that the level's design aligns with the overall vision described in the mission design brief.
- Understanding, incorporating and implementing existing gameplay mechanics into the levels that you create.
- Planning, prototyping and driving innovative mechanics that further enhance the player's experience.
- Working closely with a diverse team of artists, programmers, sound designers etc., to ensure the seamless integration of visual and audio elements within the levels that you create.
- Regularly conduct playtesting sessions to test your changes, gather feedback, then iterate on your designs over the course of a development process following design direction.
- Creating and updating supporting documentation for the levels and features that you are responsible for.
- Maintaining a high standard of professionalism and communication across the team, inside a collaborative and growth-oriented team environment.
- Staying updated on industry trends and best practices in level design, continuously seeking ways to improve the quality and innovation of our game.
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or a related field (preferred).
- Experience as a Level Designer or closely related field in the video game industry (preferred).
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine.
- A deep understanding of the use of space, game mechanics, and player psychology to create effective, engaging levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to overcome design challenges.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work and positively engage with multidisciplinary teams in a structured and orderly process.
- A portfolio showcasing your level design work, highlighting your ability to create compelling and well-balanced gameplay experiences.
- Passion for gaming and a keen eye for detail when it comes to level design and player experience.
- Experience with multiplayer level design is a bonus.
If this sounds like you please submit your resume, portfolio, and an optional, brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are excited about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you and discussing how you can contribute to our mission of delivering exceptional gameplay experiences!
Note: Primary consideration will be given to candidates based in Ireland, although applications from individuals located in Europe will also be considered.