Create amazing visual effects for weapons, structures, environments and for most every element in our games. You should be able to create 2D images as well as implement 3D particle systems. You should have strong artistic vision, a great eye for artistic detail and love making a big difference in our game's visuals.
Work in our San Francisco office (SOMA) or remotely from anywhere.
- Submit a portfolio with your application.
- Proficient in 3ds Max / Houdini / Maya
- Proficient in Photoshop and After Effects (or equivalent)
- Familiar with Unity 3D
- Competent in polygon modeling, texturing, rendering, sprite sheet creation
- Experience as FX artist in gaming industry
- Experience with particle systems and geometry based visual effects
- Strong artistic skill and ability to adapt to different visual styles
- Optimize and work within the performance limitations of current platforms
- Problem-solving and open mind
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Team player and good communication skills
- Availability to go on global company retreats
- Ability to write and optimize CG shaders
- Experience with Substance Designer
Unknown Worlds Entertainment, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We want to make games for the world. We believe the best way to do that is to hire and support the most talented and creative people of diverse backgrounds to work together. It’s also why we provide $2,000 every year to each person to spend on self-improvement through conferences, books, classes, etc. We are proud of our diversity and are excited to make our team even better.