Lead the artistic development of a new top-down, turn-based strategy game. The game is rock-solid but the we're still developing the look. The look is sci-fi/fantasy with many diverse influences. Titles in the game industry aren't well-defined, but this job will likely also have "lead artist" responsibilities.
Work with and oversee concept artists, environment artists and game artists to develop and create art in a unique new style. We are also collaborating with some exciting partners to make a game with massive impact and appeal.
Work remotely from anywhere.
- Submit a portfolio with your application.
- Proficient in Photoshop (for paintovers)
- Proficient in some 3D software
- Game industry experience as an Art Lead or Art Director
- Strong artistic skill and ability to adapt to different visual styles
- Able to make effective paintovers to refine art quickly
- Problem-solving and open mind
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Enjoys working with a variety of minds - design, technical and those from other creative industries
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and communication
- Availability to go on global company retreats (post-COVID!)
- Table top gaming aficionado
Unknown Worlds Entertainment, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We want to make games for the world. We believe the best way to do that is to hire and support the most talented and creative people of diverse backgrounds to work together. It’s also why we provide $2,000 every year to each person to spend on self-improvement through conferences, books, classes, etc. We are proud of our diversity and are excited to make our team even better.