Remote, flexible hours, contract with the opportunity to extend
Help us breathe life into our action, horror beat ’em up game. Our minions, cultists, and ghouls just need a little more structure in their life. A better approach to mayhem, so to speak. Blow by blow can you help make our fisticuffs more frightful fun?
- Work collaboratively with designers and developers to research, plan and develop AI to meet the game’s custom requirements
- Contribute to the prototyping of concepts, implementation of design, and enhancement of game mechanics with our gameplay team
- Assist our animators in meeting requirements for the AI and aid with gameplay/combat code
- Write clear, easily maintainable AI code to expand the game
- Contribute to planning discussions and retros, providing clarity on the impact of code changes and realistic time estimates for required work
- Actively participate in design conversations and contribute ideas
- Create support documentation for the developed systems for future iteration
- Create tools to allow designers to update enemy behaviour
- Collaborate with QA to enhance and debug the code
- Experience developing action game AI (a focus on brawlers or fighting games preferred)
- 3 years of game AI programming experience
- Experience working with Unity and coding in C# particularly in programming movement, navigation, and decision-making AI
- You are organised, adaptable, and able to plan and prioritize your work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work from home with appropriate equipment and start immediately
- Preferably located in Australia/New Zealand
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work well in small teams
- More than happy to work as part of a diverse workforce
We are a diverse, supportive, LGBTQIA+ friendly team with a zero-tolerance policy on bullying or discrimination.
We care about our people. We are proud of our agile, creative, inclusive, collaborative, and flexible culture. Our team is made up of big thinkers. We encourage and inspire one another to take on new challenges and perspectives to become the best versions of ourselves. We are all about helping our people grow through coaching, training, and career development.
To apply: Interested in being part of our team? Please send your resume + showreel/portfolio with the desired position in the subject line.