Treehouse is a development studio focused on creating games that are the best way for friends to spend time together. We’re looking for a passionate Systems and Economy Designer to drive the vision on the in-game economy design, create compelling monetization plans, and own many of the gameplay systems in our first game. Candidates willing to relocate to Los Angeles preferred, open to remote working within the U.S.
- Champion the in-game economy design, supporting the creation of progression systems that deliver an incredible long-term player experience
- Team up with Product to design monetization strategies that are both deep and are compelling for players
- Balance the product’s long-term engagement, monetization, and realistic content production needs
- Work closely with the Lead Game Designer and collaborate in a fully cross-functional team. Bring ideas and provide feedback to improve the game as a whole, as well as our development process
- 3+ years of experience building and balancing in-game economies for both in-development and live games
- Shipped at least one game where they owned core systems during development
- Experience designing and shipping monetized products from the ground up
- Experience designing and implementing systems using a visual or text-based scripting language
- Passion for game economies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to give and receive feedback. Contributes toward an open and trusting environment
- Authorized to work in the United States
- At Treehouse, every member of our team cares about the larger game we’re building together. We value every voice and we’re looking for fresh perspectives, so we hope candidates with diverse backgrounds will apply
- Passion for cooperative games
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Programming Experience (C#, C++, or equivalent)
- Base Salary, Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life), and Equity
- Relocation Assistance Available
About Treehouse Games
We’re a development studio focused on building collaborative games for a growing, global audience of players who use games as their favorite way to hang out together. Based in Los Angeles, Treehouse is venture-backed and built by industry veterans - half of the team comes from gaming powerhouses including Microsoft, Riot Games and the original DotA mod, and half comes from successful indie startups like Sirvo Studios and Industrial Toys.
Treehouse is making cooperative experiences that are all about quality time spent with friends. Games that do this well today see amazing engagement among women and in regions around the world - we’re looking for diverse candidates with unique backgrounds to bring these and other meaningful perspectives to our team.