About the Role
ToneStone is looking for a versatile UX Designer/UI Artist with a demonstrated ability to craft innovative, attractive UI designs, and familiarity with both 2D and 3D environments. The ideal candidate will be able to create game-ready 2D and 3D Art assets, but also manage, track, critique and guide the entire Art team and pipeline. This role will work closely with fellow designers and developers to establish functional, original, and attractive interfaces for our platform.
This will be a high-growth, high-ownership role where you’ll be responsible for creating visuals that bridge interface design with game art. You will work cross-discipline with the designers, vfx, audio team and engineers, with the ultimate goal of translating UI mock-ups to functional interface elements in the ToneStone app. As a creative team member, you will generate UI clarity and world-class design aesthetics to give players access to a new and ground-breaking level of music visualization and control.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to design and implement outstanding interfaces, leading to great user experiences
- Leverage a human-centered design process to deliver an easy-to-use user interface and user experience
- Research customers, competitors, and products
- Develop personas, scenarios, and user stories
- Create game menus, navigation elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics
- Assist with the creation of product style guides
- Create gameplay mock-ups that comply with our style guide for new projects
- Build custom, visually exciting step-by-step storyboards
- Work together with the team throughout the design process, gathering actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
- Three plus (3+) years' previous experience in designing user interfaces and experiences, game design, or other creative platform software mediums
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Centric Design, or related field;
- Experience with game/software development processes and working within production deadlines
- Experience creating UIs for multiple platforms
- A portfolio showcasing UI design and artistic skill
- Demonstrable experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment while helping others
- Ability to actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Strong understanding of working with style guides/specific Art Direction
- Experience and interest in video games
- Passion for music or music making
- Knowledgeable in wire-framing tools, storyboards, user flows, and site mapping
- In-depth understanding of UI; an understanding latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Artistic eye for design, user interaction, functionality, and readability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as an active member of a team
Note: Research shows that female-identifying individuals and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this job description describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.