Here at The Breach Studios, we make games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. The Breach Studios are committed to the entire creation process, and passion for playing is what makes us one with our players. We are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let’s make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here are some specifics on what we're looking for...
- Create efficient in-game models, UV’s and materials for both organic and inorganic environments, including props, foliage suites, and modular kits.
- Populate and decorate in-game environments with organic and inorganic assets.
- Work with the Art Director to maintain the environments' artistic style and quality.
- Work closely with Technical Artists to optimize objects and environments to respect constraints.
- Maintain a balance of art quality versus performance in the game engine.
- Add lighting and VFX to the environments you create.
- Work effectively with the programming and design teams by representing visual considerations throughout production.
- Give, receive, and make changes to your work based on constructive feedback.
- Amazing portfolio demonstrating design and 3D modeling.
- 5+ years experience as an Environment Artist or other role responsible for creating game-ready assets in a full-cycle game development studio.
- Understanding of modularity and environment systems used in fast, iterative, and efficient production.
- Expert Modelling and UV skills with a recognized 3d package such as 3dMax, Maya, or Blender.
- Proficient with ZBrush and Photoshop Strong traditional art fundamentals, including the function of form and color, proportions, shape, etc.
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to identify and resolve issues, and understanding of technical dependencies.
- Previous work with Unreal Engine on an AAA console title.
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow directions.
- Shipped AAA game(s) is a plus.