Tatsu Works is a company passionate about connecting communities through Tatsumeeko, our modern fantasy RPG. We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Game Designer to join us and create engaging gameplay mechanics and long lasting loops for Tatsumeeko
, the next game expansion to our popular Tatsu.GG
platform used by more than 1.4 million Discord communities. We place fun gameplay, awesome user experience and mass adoption at the forefront of our creative vision. Our team is looking for someone who can see the big picture, follow trends and design what is fun within the limits of our medium. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games, the ability to take initiative and has empathy for players. The Senior Game Designer joining us will share our vision and make this project their own.
Game Designer Responsibilities
- Draft game system design, meta design, skill designs, etc.
- Working closely with the game director, game designers and economists
- Collaborate actively and effectively with other expertises in the development team (Tech, Art, QA, Product, etc) to create the best game possible
- Design certain aspects of ingame economy
- Design content based on the overall game creative direction to that will entertain a massive audience.
- Develop comprehensive, detailed and effective documentation for all systems designed in a clear manner.
- Documentation must also either be understandable for the entire team, or you may choose to develop smaller documents as and when is required for specific tasks as well.
- Conduct preliminary testing to ensure that all systems/content are implemented as intended.
- Analyse User Feedback and Social Metrics to adjust game play, stats, balance, and design.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years in a game design position
- Have at least substantial experience in live operations, especially for an MMORPG
- Are proficient in the use of Google Sheet functions (eg. Pivot tables/V-lookups), and are meticulous in data management
- Have a history of designing in-game economy, monetization and systems for games with a sizeable user base
- Ability to design mathematical models, simulate them and evaluate their performance and impact on player experiences
- Want to work on a project with unique market positioning that has the potential for mass adoption by communities and players around the world
- Have a strong willingness to share your knowledge and experience from previous game projects with other members of the team
- Are a strong team player who can work with various stakeholders and ensure the delivery of content and updates
- Possess an incredible amount of passion for games and can quickly create visualizations and/or rapid prototypes to communicate complex ideas
- Can work efficiently within deadlines and under pressure
- Understand and embrace the speed of a growing startup
- Comfortable in working with remote team members in various timezones
- Willing to get your hands dirty and get work done
- Have at least working knowledge of the various other disciplines in a game development team
- Possess top-notch communication, collaboration, problem-solving and project management skills
- Have experience using Discord servers and interacting with online communities
- Enjoy mobile gacha games and MMORPGs and have an in-depth knowledge
- Possess a strong grasp of English, both written and spoken
- Able to describe complex design structures to various team members including non-design disciplines