This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Design Jobs.
Starting date: December 2022
Studio Fizbin is an award-winning independent studio from Germany, with offices in Berlin and Ludwigsburg. We make compelling and hand-crafted games since 2011. Last year, we released “Minute of Islands” and “Say No! More” among other projects and released “The Inner World 1+2” before. Now, we are going forward on our biggest project yet and want you to join us.
Do you have an eye for fast and tight gameplay? Systems design, level design, encounters and balancing are your idea of a good time? You can spend days obsessing about roguelike systems, deck building games and deep action titles? You love being part of a team of game designers, playtesters and level designers?
If that sounds like you, send us your application!
Please note, that we as a company value diversity and want to strongly encourage people from marginalized groups to apply for positions at our studio. We strive to be an inclusive workplace for any gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, different ability and other walks of life.
- credit on at least 1 shipped commercial title, preferably in a design capacity
- fit and fast in Unity
- strong written and verbal, technical and non-technical communication skills
- fluid English is required, German is a plus
- affinity for action games or strategy and deck-building games
- required residency in Germany or willing to relocate to Germany before job start
- preferred working in Berlin or Ludwigsburg
- design and build a wide range of enemies, items and levels
- tweak and balance our content to perfection
- actively discuss and create features and take part in scrum-based planning sessions
- work and maintain asset lists, flowcharts and similar
- analysis of play tests and user data to improve game during early access period
- coordination with game design lead and other designers
- work closely with other departments to implement your ideas
What we offer:
- competitive pay
- flexible work hours (32h/week for everyone)
- full support for company pension (Betriebsrente)
- yearly consulting from insurance partner
- additional bonus programs and subsidies
- a strict no crunch policy and correct handling of overtime
- flat company structures, valuing individual responsibilities and direct communication
- <3 for indie games and strong community access via our two indie game collectives
- a really bad-ass large-scale project to work on
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly:
Send us an email with the subject line “Game Designer” to our Game Design Lead Sebastian to email@example.com. Please include your resume in the body of the email, as well as links to your portfolio, and/or a link to any personal work. In this context feel free to exclude your name, age, gender and/or picture. Please try not to include any file attachments. Please complete the questionnaire below and include it in the body of the e-mail.
Please, include your answers to the following questions in your application. Please, be concise. However, there is no minimum or maximum word count.
- Why do you want to work at Studio Fizbin?
- What feature or project are you particularly proud of? What did you contribute to the project? Please, explain what it was and what you did in a non-technical fashion.
- What makes a good roguelite in your opinion?
- Please, state your salary expectations based on 32h/week.
Thanks a lot! Let’s build something cool together.