This job posting has already expired. However you can check our other Remote Community Management Jobs.
Starting date: Spring 2023
Studio Fizbin is an award-winning independent studio from Germany, with offices in Berlin and Ludwigsburg. We make compelling and hand-crafted games since 2011. Last year, we released “Minute of Islands” and “Say No! More” among other projects and released “The Inner World 1+2” before. Now, we are going forward on our biggest project yet and want you to join us.
We want our next project to thrive along with a growing and inclusive community of dedicated players and fans. From beta testers, to our heavily invested early access player community, up to our ongoing player base after launch: Studio Fizbin aims for players to be involved and engaged with the game, its development and each other.
As our Community Manager, you will be responsible for fostering an inclusive, accessible and passionate player community. Together with our team of developers, you will guide player feedback processes and keep our players up to date on project development and eagerly awaited game updates and patches.
You will employ your writing ability, graphic design skills, video editing prowess and verbal communication skills to engage our community and keep them posted on exciting news, releases and peeks behind the scenes. Discord, twitter, youtube and other social media platforms will be your canvas.
If that sounds like you, send us your application!
Please note, that we as a company value diversity and want to strongly encourage people from marginalized groups to apply for positions at our studio. We strive to be an inclusive workplace for any gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, different ability and other walks of life.
- Proven work in developing and managing communities
- Passion for gaming and strong knowledge of the current gaming industry
- Ability to produce creative texts and content (graphics and video)
- Strong social media skills and expert in Discord and Reddit
- Strong understanding of the Steam community universe
- Flawless English and strong communication skills
- Ability to listen and moderate
- Manners and aversion to bigotry
- required residency in Germany or willing to relocate to Germany before job start
- preferred working in Berlin or Ludwigsburg
- Working closely with the team to develop and execute our community strategy
- First line of contact for support and feedback on all our channels
- Daily social media and Discord engagement
- Developing and executing community engagement activities
- Collecting and presenting important community feedback to our internal teams
Bonus points for:
- Copywriting skills
- Skills in graphical design and video editing
- Additional work experience in the field of social media management
What we offer:
- competitive pay
- flexible work hours (32h/week for everyone)
- full support for company pension (Betriebsrente)
- yearly consulting from insurance partner
- additional bonus programs and subsidies
- a strict no crunch policy and correct handling of overtime
- flat company structures, valuing individual responsibilities and direct communication
- <3 for indie games and strong community access via our two indie game collectives
- a really bad-ass large-scale project to work on
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly:
Send us an email with the subject line “Community Manager” to our Game Director Anjin to email@example.com. Please include your resume in the body of the email, as well as links to your portfolio, and/or a link to any personal work. In this context feel free to exclude your name, age, gender and/or picture. Please try not to include any file attachments. Please complete the questionnaire below and include it in the body of the e-mail.
Please, include your answers to the following questions in your application. Please, be concise. However, there is no minimum or maximum word count.
- Why do you want to work at Studio Fizbin?
- What community feature or project are you particularly proud of? What did you contribute to the project?
- What is most important to building and maintaining a community around a game and its studio?
- What are absolute no-gos when engaging a community?
- Please, describe what kind of impact an active community of players should have on the development process of an early access title.
- Please, state your salary expectations based on 32h/week.
Thanks a lot! Let’s build something cool together.