About StatsHelix: At StatsHelix, we’re always thinking of new ways to use data for the betterment of esports and gaming. Our mission is to help game developers make better games for both players and viewers. In the past two years, our tech has powered esports events for millions of fans, and we’ve worked with game developers directly to help them create more compelling experiences for their audiences. Our business is growing faster than ever and we’re looking for talented and passionate professionals that can help us get to the next level.
Startups are challenging and unpredictable – our love for gaming is a major contributor to StatsHelix’s success, and we expect you to bring the same enthusiasm every day you show up to our (fully remote) office. Attention to detail and dedication to the quality of our products will also get you very far here.
The position: As a Front-end React Developer, you will work on the face of our software – the gateway to every interaction. Our products are seen on the biggest esports stages and used by millions of gaming fans, as well as game developers – and our frontend is often the star. If you’re passionate about creating beautiful, functional, and engaging experiences for our end-users, then this position is for you!
Who you are:
- You love and understand video games; if you’ve invested over 1,000 hours into a single game (no matter your skill level), tell us about it!
- You’re reliable and self-motivated; this is a startup and there won’t always be someone to supervise everything you do. We’re looking for people who can take initiative and find work for themselves.
- You can balance being a perfectionist and getting things done on time; we know “perfect is the enemy of good,” but we also have a reputation to uphold
- You love to learn about complex topics and technologies on your own.
- You take agency in your work and are humble enough to ask for help when you’re stuck on something; we can’t afford to have anyone spinning their wheels unnecessarily.
- 3+ years of experience in modern software development
- 1+ years experience in React
- You have worked on interactive frontends containing complex interactions (we are not especially form-centric)
- Willingness to be on-call from time to time (during live events) with a fast response time (under 3 min)
- Fluent in English (written + spoken)
- Experience working remotely. We are fully remote and plan to stay that way.
Things that we like (but are not necessary):
- 5+ years of experience in modern software development
- Experience in creating interactive / multimedia applications (i.e. not just minimally interactive sites)
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Nomad)
- Experience with modern web technologies (e.g. Canvas, WebGL, SVG)
- Experience in Rust (esp. Rust-Wasm)
- Experience with the modern JS development ecosystem (e.g. TypeScript/Flow, Webpack)
- A degree in Computer Science